Reports To: Wayne County ABC Board
Plans, directs, and manages various areas of responsibility within the operation; specifically Safety and Cleanliness. Assures operation runs efficiently and according to NC and local ABC Board policy and standards. Ensures vendors and suppliers are properly compensated and are meeting ABC store needs. Accountable for hiring, orientation, training of all ABC Store employees. Manages performance of all employees to ensure they are successful in their individual roles. Responsible for general business administration to include payroll, human resources, and financial reporting.
The ABC General Manager’s Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Hire & train all employees, including store managers and employees and security officers
- Meet with store managers to discuss any issues and any plans for the weeks tocome
- Conduct one-on-ones with store managers each week as needed.
- Set clear expectations and developmental goals. Review these goals with the local ABC Board
- Conduct Formal Manager Review with each store manager/employee annually.
- Complete all Inventory utilizing specified methods and programs to ensure inventories are accurate. Communicate the issues to the management team during weekly manager’s meeting
- Ensure all stores are adequately stock via orders placed to central supply
- Implement Employee Salary and Benefit plans
- Prepare, present to Board and manage an annual multi-million dollar budget
- Maintain accurate financial records
- Maintain an accurate and updated knowledge of ABC System operation standards and laws
- Able to prepare and present to the local Board of Commissioners and state ABC Commission any and all required reports
- Prepare and accept for Board review and approval bids for construction, equipment and services
- Attend General Manager meetings and training as needed to ensure continued job competence
- Store operations. Typical duties: determines staffing needs, prepares work schedules; establishes and implements work procedures and priorities, and recommends changes to policies
- College Degree Preferred
- Knowledge of NC ABC System Standards and Policies
- Working knowledge of Personnel and Fair Labor Standards and Procedures
- Good knowledge of: cash/accounting and inventory management in a retail environment.
- Some knowledge of: liquor products and their uses; basic office related computer programs.
- Experience: supervising store operations in a retail environment; applying state laws related to the sale of alcohol; providing customer service; operating a computerized point-of-sale system.
Starting is $65,000 to $75,000 based on applicable experience.
Resumes must be mailed to:
Wayne County ABC Board
909 Landmark Drive
Goldsboro NC 27534
Attn: Ervin Watts, Board Chairman.
Application deadline is 16 November, 2018.