ABC – General Manager
Wayne County, NC
Reports To: Wayne County ABC Board
Position Overview: Plans, directs, and manages various areas of responsibility within the operation; specifically, Safety and Cleanliness. Assures operation runs efficiently and according to NC and local ABC Board policy and standards. Ensures vendors and suppliers are properly compensated and are meeting ABC store needs. Accountable for hiring, orientation, training of all ABC Store employees. Manages performance of all employees to ensure they are successful in their individual roles. Responsible for general business administration to include payroll, human resources, and financial reporting.
The ABC General Manager’s Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Hire & train all employees, including store managers and employees and Board Law Enforcement branch.
- Meet with store managers to discuss any issues and any plans for the weeks to come
- Conduct one-on-ones with store managers each week as needed.
- Set clear expectations and developmental goals. Review these goals with the local ABC Board
- Conduct Formal Manager Review with each store manager/employee annually, or as needed
- Complete all Inventory utilizing specified methods and programs to ensure inventories are accurate. Communicate the issues to the management team during routine manager’s meeting
- Ensure all stores are adequately stock via orders placed to central supply
- Implement Employee Salary and Benefit plans and make it available to employees.
- Prepare, present to Board and manage an annual multi-million-dollar budget
- Maintain accurate financial records
- Maintain an accurate and updated knowledge of ABC System operation standards and laws
- Able to prepare and present to the local Board of Commissioners and state ABC Commission any and all required reports
- Prepare and accept for Board review and approval bids for construction, equipment and services and go out for bids when required.
- Attend General Manager meetings and training as needed to ensure continued job competence
- Store operations. Typical duties: determines staffing needs, prepares work schedules; establishes and implements work procedures and priorities, and recommends changes to policies.
- College degree preferred or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of NC ABC System Standards and Policies
- Working knowledge of Personnel and Fair Labor Standards and Procedures. Good knowledge of cash/accounting and inventory management in a retail environment.
- Some knowledge of liquor products and their uses; basic office related computer programs.
Experience: supervising store operations in a retail environment; applying state laws related to the sale of alcohol; providing customer service; operating a computerized point-of-sale system.
Salary: Starting is $75,000 to $85,000 based on applicable experience.
Resumes must be mailed to:
Wayne County ABC Board
909 Landmark Drive
Goldsboro NC 27534
Attn: William Pate, Board Chairman.
Application deadline is 21 December 2022 .